Nalaka Lakmal Jayakody - Professor (Capt.)
• Selected as a Merchant Navy Officer Cadet by the Eurasia Shipping Company in Germany 1984.
• On completion of training, obtained 2nd Mates Certificate of Competency examination in (AMC, Tasmania), Australia in 1989and Certificate of Competency as Master Mariner in (RMIT, Melbourne) Australia in 1994.
• Sailed with the various types of vessels from 1984 to 1998 in ascending ranks of seniority and was promoted as Master in 1998.
• After 14 years’ experience at sea, changed the profession to a shore-based career in 1998 as a lecturer in the department of Navigation at CINEC Maritime Campus in Sri Lanka. Thereafter, continued further education at the World Maritime University (WMU) in Malmo, Sweden and graduated with MSc degree in Maritime Education and Training in 2002. Obtained the degree of Doctor of Science (DSc) from the Dalian Maritime University, China in 2011 for the research carried out at the university on Maritime Affairs.
• Currently serving as Vice President of Colombo International Nautical and Engineering College (CINEC), which is one of the largest higher educational institutes in Sri Lanka.